I have an experience of over three years, in the field of DevOps.
My speciality is setting up the DevOps culture from scratch,
and then working on its continuous improvement. It mostly includes developing and managing a cost efficient, highly
scalable AWS infrastructure for all the applications, and , developing build and release pipelines on Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, etc
for Java, PHP, Angular, ReactJS, ReactNative, VueJS, GoLang, Native Android and Native iOS; and I have also worked on servicing similar
DevOps services to a few client teams.
I spend most of my free time learning new things. Right now, I am making my hands dirty with Google Cloud Platform.
I am the Organizer of DevOps Pune and Jenkins Pune meetup groups, and I love going to Meetups and attending Conferences, to grab knowledge and grow myself and my organization, as well as give back to the community as much as I can.
B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology in association with IBM • May 2017
I completed my Undergraduate Degree from UPES with specialization in CSE-CCVT. Learning about latest technologies, likes of IOT, Big Data, Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technologies is the main focus. I was a part of UPES Model United Nations Club and held the offices of Joint Head of Events Committee, and Joint Secretary, UPES ACM Student Chapter for sessions 2014-15 and 2015-16 respectively.
Secondary and Senior Secondary, CISCE Board• May 2012
I spent my school life as a day scholar in one of the most prestigious Day Boarding schools in India. Being Alma Mater to many eminent personalities like Amitabh Bachchan, Justice Markandey Katju, etc. the school has groomed me and polished my personality, making me what I am today.
Associate Architect - DevOps • Oct 2018 - Current
- Currently, I am working towards collecting insights of applications through monitoring them with the Elastic stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Elastic APM, Filebeat, Metricbeat, Heartbeat), Datadog and Prometheus and working with the product teams to ensure high reliability of the applications. We monitor System logs and infrastructure metrics, Containers and their metrics and logs, Web server access logs, along with the application logs.
- I worked with Product Teams to operate smoothly under Agile and adopt the DevOps culture. This includes designing Agile process flows for Projects, defining GIT branching and source code management strategies, managing AWS Infrastructure, building Delivery Pipelines for automated builds and deployments, Dockerizing applications, helping teams work on code quality through insights provided by Sonarqube, and designing custom solutions for automation.
- I worked on establishing a cost effective infrastructure setup on AWS, where we save over 30% of our monthly AWS bill by automating the uptime of non critical instances. I also established a process of AWS resource provisioning through a web application which helps us in managing requests, approvals and tracking of all services provisioned through AWS.
- I established the DevOps culture and increased the time to market for all the products by Automating most of their repetitive manual work. I installed a system of Code Quality monitoring using Sonarqube, to ensure that only good quality code goes to production. Using this foundation, I setup the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment/Delivery processes for the product teams, to facilitate them in taking their products’ features faster to their users. The DevOps system thus established, ensures all product teams develop clean code, and their users get new features sooner.
DevOps Engineer: The LeanApps Software Pvt Limited • Feb 2017 - Sep 2018
- I was among the ones who set up DevOps practices in the organization from scratch. Along with being responsible for Build and Release automation and setting up CI/CD Pipelines for all applications , I manage the AWS infrastructure, monitor multiple Production Servers and try to make lives of developers easier for through automation using Python. Apart from spending most of time inside terminals of remote Linux servers, monitoring and tweaking, I am also responsible for researching new technology and implementing them in the applications after thorough POCs.
- In this role, I was involved in the setup of DevOps from scratch,and responsible for CI/CD and other automation for Projects in, along with administering AWS actions. It mostly includes developing and managing a cost efficient, highly scalable AWS infrastructure for all the applications, and , developing build and release pipelines on Jenkins for Java, PHP, Angular, ReactJS, ReactNative, Native Android and Native iOS
- I assisted in the adoption of the DevOps Culture in 6 of their Product Teams. It included managing their AWS Infrastructure, Cloudwatch Monitoring Infrastructure, Dockerizing applications, Jenkins pipelines for automated builds and deployments, improving code quality through Sonarqube, Database DevOps using Liquibase, and constantly researching about the latest trends in the Industry and studying about the best practices and helping Product teams implement them.
- I also worked for 9 European Client’s teams with a similar set of responsibilities, except managing their Private Infrastructure.
Software Development Intern : PayU Payments India Ltd • August 2016
In this Project, we customized the e-mail invoice and Bulk Upload feature of PayUBiz for merchants HomeCredit and Flextronics.
Software Development Intern : PayU Payments India Ltd • June 2016 - July 2016
In this Project, we created a platform for the PayUBiz merchant to give him a feature to customize his entire WebFront, i.e., the Header, Footer and Body according to his requirements just by drag and drop method. Merchants will little or even no knowledge of website development can Create and Customize their WebFronts and deploy them for their customers.
We integrated a Merchant Panel for the Merchant to Create, Edit, Delete and View his WebFronts and a SuperUser panel for the PayU Integration team to manage all the Merchants and all their WebFronts.
Software Development Intern : PayU Payments India Ltd • May 2016 - June 2016
In this Project we created a Training Module for a new joinee who joins the PayU Biz Teams, to understand the workflow and mechanisms of all transactions that can be processed through PayUBiz and PayUmoney. The training module gives the trainees a hands on experience on all the PayUBiz APIs though which they can make payments on the test server and see the responses.
We also integrated a Quiz Module to facilitate the Reporting Managers or Team Leads to test the Trainees and keep a track of their progress. In addition to the Quiz Module, we integrated the Admin Panel through which Reporting Managers and Team Leads can add more Admins the panel, reset passwords and Authentication Code for Quiz, and keep a track on trainees' progress.
I will be more than glad to hear from you. Drop in your message below.
Let's get in touch, and begin the journey.